A Routine Fire Safety Check should only take a couple of minutes, but it could mean the difference between Life and Death.
There are a few simple things you can do to keep you and those you love safe from fire.
- Check your home, room by room, for fire dangers and correct them.
- Get at least one smoke alarm for each floor in the home.
- Have a fire escape plan, teach it to your family and practise it regularly.
- Make sure cigarettes are stubbed out properly before going to bed.
- Be extra careful if you have been drinking alcohol or are feeling drowsy.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Keep matches and lighters out of reach of young children.
- Most people who die in fires, die from smoke inhalation and not from burns and it can take as little as 3 minutes to die from smoke inhalation.
- Get a smoke alarm fitted and check it regularly to ensure it is in full working order.
And Finally, walk around your house with a view to keeping your home safe and secure.
- Unplug all unnecessary electrical appliances.
- Turn off all unnecessary gas appliances.
- Make sure all candles and naked flames are extinguished.
- Place a spark guard in front of an open fire.
- Empty all ashtrays.
- Are all escape routes completely clear of obstructions?
- Close all doors to reduce the spread of fire and smoke.
If you have any questions about your fire safety or security or would like us to carry out a health check on your property. Please give us a call on 071 91 45107. Power Right is the right choice for all your fire protection needs. We offer a wide variety of products and services that cater to both homeowners and businesses alike.